Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Learning how to be selfish?


O sometimes, I wish I could just say no!
To all the people who keep asking me to do things to which I keep saying yes although I know I should probably say no or give them a piece of my mind
Why can’t you do it yourself
If I were the one I would probably not ask you
Or really, I have too much to do right now
But in a queer way, I like having too much to do-it feeds my vanity and it sure beats the awful feeling of not having anything to do
But then again, sometimes, I wish I had nothing to do so I could read or browse all day-just to my heart’s content
Naaaaa, life is more than that.
Sometimes, you got lots to do
Other times not so much
But anyway, you just gotta do what you gotta do even if it means learning to say no
I aint no supergirl and there’s no way I could please everyone
Just do right and praise the Lord.

Angela Azumah Alu, Legon, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment