Monday, March 26, 2018

Jesus, your love is better than wine

Jesus,
your love is better than the sweetest of wines,
your love is better than that of married couples,
your love is better than that of parents,
your love is better than that of family,
your love is better than that of friends,
your love is the best of all.
Wine would never die for me.
Spouses rarely die for one another.
Even parents don't usually do.
Family may betray me,
Friends may forget me,
Your love is the best of all.
Your love is the best of all.
When I think of the pain you endured,
the betrayal and all the suffering.
When I think of your agony and humiliation.
When I remember all that you went through for my sake.
I cannot help but exclaim; your love is the best of all.
Your love is the best of all.
Teach me to love like you do; day by day.
Teach me to trust you more.
Teach me to love your word.
Teach me to proclaim and to do the things you did.
But most importantly, let me rest in the best love of all.
Angela Azumah Alu, 26/3/18


Wishing you a fruitful and Spirit filled Holy Week. Tis the Week of all Weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment