Monday, September 10, 2018

Meditations on the readings for Sunday 9th September 2018

23rd Sunday in Ordinary Time Year B
Reading 1, Isaiah 35:4-7, Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 146:7, 8-9, 9-10
Reading 2, James 2:1-5, Gospel, Mark 7:31-37
Oh God, you say I should not be frightened or fearful and that you are strong to save.
But how do I continue in courage when everything seems against me and I do not know which way to turn?
I cannot seem to hear or speak and I cannot move.
I am closed off and can do nothing.
I trust in your word and I believe all your promises are true.
Yet your blessings seem to have come on everyone but me and my heart is full of grief .

Your word says that you make the blind see and the deaf hear. You make the lame leap for joy and the mute speak. You cause rivers to flow in the desert. 

Come down in the desert of my life and save me.
I seem as one who is dead and can do nothing right.
Save me from this prison and bring me back to life.
Rescue me from the shackles of the enemy.
Open my ears to hear and my mouth to speak.
Open my eyes to see the wonders you have made and loose my limbs to jump for joy at your goodness.
Angela Azumah Alu, 09/09/2018
Image from: https://sacredheartmessenger.com/tag/jesus-the-healer/

No comments:

Post a Comment