Friday, April 10, 2020

Good Friday musings


Over 2000 years ago, long before I was thought of or before my parents even existed, He paid it all.
He took my sins upon himself and won my forgiveness and salvation.
He paid for my healing and my deliverance.
He rescued me from the plans of the enemy and made me an heir of righteousness.

He endured excruciating pain for my sake.
He was pierced for my transgressions; wounded for my sin.
My chastisement was laid upon him.
He bore it all for my sake.

No sin, no wrong, no transgression can take me from his hand.
As he did for Peter, he has made provision for me already in my weakness.
Here I am today, remembering his sacrifice on the cross.
My response is to recommit my life to him.

I’m letting go once more of any stain of sin that separates me from him.
I’m letting go and putting on the white garment his blood won for my sake.
He is my high priest who has been like me in every way but sin
and thus invites me to approach the throne of grace that I may receive mercy.

Jesus I come, letting go of my sins and failings.
Jesus I come, embracing your call upon my life.
Jesus I come, trusting in your mercy.
Jesus I come, ready to do your will.

Angela Azumah Alu, 10/04/2020
Good Friday
Image from: https://www.womansday.com/life/a26325366/when-is-good-friday/


No comments:

Post a Comment