Thursday, January 20, 2011

Musings

Sometimes I wonder
whether God never gets tired
of the endless hymns and rituals
that cyclically go round
 and come back
and become so meaningless
that you do it while
thinking of other things
Everyone sees you praying
but all but your mind and
heart are lifted up to God-
your lips, posture, words,
hands-all except the
most important

And so I wonder, were it not
better that I stayed at home
in my home and had a
real fellowship with God?
O I know the old sailor line
 and all about not forsaking
the assembly of the brethren
but is it an assembly for God-
out of love or because of man's wishes
There's the problem-
I can't tell
And to try making
everyone go my way would
be unpardonnable
So do I stay away or
go and really pray by lifting
my mind and heart to God
no matter what my
body is doing?
Cos God is present you know
Even though it feels like
he's not and sometimes
He's sad that we do all things for him but
never actually talk to Him
just as we'd do to our
friends
It hurts His Heart coz he
really loves his children
It's always easier to obey man's wishes
Coz God is not so easily satisfied
So compulsory church and every other activitiy-
mindless, ritualistic activity
(I may be wrong-I'm just saying what I think)
legalistic activity-from top
to bottom
Always on the defensive
Let go and Let God and
see what will happen

I think I'll stop here
I feel I'm trying to play God
But hey, I can pray, can't I?
Really, truly pray that
God himself who knows
his people inside out, will
call us by name and redeem
us, one at a time.
Angela Azumah Alu

No comments:

Post a Comment