Saturday, November 16, 2013

Don’t come any closer

Don’t come any closer if you can’t stay
Don’t come any closer if you’re not sure
Don’t come any closer if you have doubts
Don’t come any closer if I’m not all you want
Don’t come any closer if you’re not prepared to go the distance
Don’t come any closer; don’t come any closer
Don’t come any closer lest you break my fragile heart
Don’t come any closer lest you shatter my dreams
Don’t come any closer lest you leave me broken and weeping
Don’t come any closer if anything stands in your way and you can’t see a way around it
Don’t come any closer if you’re not ready
Don’t come any closer
I’m your sister; I’m your friend
I’m a child of God like you are too
Don’t come any close lest you hurt me needlessly
Don’t come any closer if you’re sure it won’t work out
Don’t come any closer if you don’t care enough
Don’t come any closer…………………………………
Don’t come any closer

Angela Azumah Alu

16/11/13

No comments:

Post a Comment