Friday, November 8, 2013

El Chay

For he is the living God and he endures forever, (Daniel 6:26, NIV). El Chay
El Chay, I must confess that sometimes I forget that you are El Chay and that you live forever.
I act as if today and this world are all there is or will ever be and seem overcome by the vicissitudes of this life….
Here I am….surrendering once more….
I pray as Hezekiah prayed….may every trouble that comes my way be a means for your glory to be seen…
El Chay, my heart is broken and shattered….
I’m disappointed and upset…at myself and many other things besides….
And I look at myself rather than at you….
Here I am, broken hearted and all….
Surrendered to you…
El Chay, you are the living God….
That is who you are….now and forever….
El Chay, living God,
El Chay, forever God,
El Chay, El Chay,
Not to anyone else shall my obeisance be….
But to you alone….
El Chay….
All praise and glory to your name…
…..El Chay…..
I love you….
My hope is in you alone…
….You alone are my deliverer and I give all glory to your name…
….you who deliver, you who live forever,….
….El Chay, forever…..
….El Chay, I trust you forever and forever…
Angela Azumah Alu

16/10/13

No comments:

Post a Comment