Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Reflections on Peter's betrayal: a prayer for Pentecost

Mark 14:26-31, 66-72; John 20: 15-19; Acts 2:14-41& the rest of the book of Acts

Okay, so this meditation is based on what is seen of the Apostle Peter in the gospels and in the Acts of the Apostles. The difference is really quite great. He's the same loud mouthed leader as in the gospels, but in Acts, he's a fearless, miracle working one. That's pretty awesome! May the Holy Spirit make the difference in our lives! Amen!


On Peter's betrayal

Dear Lord, sometimes like Peter, I'm full of myself and think so much of my relationship with you and how much I love you that I am certain that though others betray you I never will.

Yet I forget my own weaknesses and I'm not able to stand for you when it matters the most. My fear gets the better part of me and I sin against you. O Lord, have mercy on me.

As you gave Peter another chance to affirm His love for you, I too seek another chance from you. I've sinned and betrayed you. Bring me back to you and renew me. Once more, reaffirm your purpose for my life.

And as you did with Peter, send forth your Spirit! So that just as Peter, who denied you before a slave girl,  proclaimed you before crowds and before the Sanhedrin with the power of the Holy Spirit, I too may proclaim your word to the nations.

In Jesus name, Amen!!!!

Angela Azumah Alu, 9th May 2018, Legon


Image from: https://epicpew.com/12-titles-of-the-holy-spirit-explained/


1 comment: