Tuesday, May 4, 2021

I know who I am

 

I’m a skittish colt; afraid of everything and unable to stand.

I’m blind; not able to see myself as I truly am.

I’m afraid; of my own power and strength.

I’m unaware; I do not know the full extent of what I can do.

I’m an eagle who grew up in a chicken yard; I do not know I can fly let alone how high.

I’m a broken pot; feeling useless.

I’m a withered plant; the sun has shone on me for too long with no reprieve.

I’m tired; of all the seeming vicissitudes of my life.

I’m a child of God; I’m not a slave to fear.

I’m a daughter of God; fearfully and wonderfully made by Him and for Him.

I know who I am; I am chosen to bear fruit.

I am a seeker of wisdom; learning every day and becoming aware

I have the Holy Spirit as my counsellor; I am righteous, protected and secure

I have His word hidden in my heart.

I am renewed and not weary.

I live by faith and I am created for good works

Angela Azumah Alu, Legon

04/05/2021 


 

Image from: https://growchurch.net/knowing-who-i-am-in-christ-scriptures

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment