Tuesday, September 18, 2012

2/9/12- Reflections on the readings


Deut 4:1-2.6-8/Psalm 15/ James 1:17-18.21-22.27/Mark 7:1-8.14-15.21-23

Sometimes Lord, I must confess that I take your word for granted and rush through it as though it weren’t important or that I know it already.
I confess also that I don’t obey your word as I should and seem to go about my merry way disregarding your word and yet calling myself your own.
And even worse Lord, I look at externals-the goings and comings and forget about the internal-the heart where everything is.
I clean the externals and forget to take care of the internal and yet complacently think you must be lucky to have me forgetting that I’m full of many things you despise.
King of my heart, the mirror of your word has shown me my true state, cleanse me and purify me that I may listen, hear and observe every one of your commands.

Angela Azumah Alu

No comments:

Post a Comment