Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Wisdom of God; bread of life-Reflections on the readings 19/8/12


Proverbs 9:1-6/Ps 34/Eph 5:15-20/Jn 6:51-58
1.      Word of God who bidst me come
Wisdom of God who calls out to me, here I am
No longer to roam searching
But come to you-that my soul may live
Wisdom of God, here I am
To eat your food and drink your wine
T o dwell in your house forever
T o live for you and you alone
To live wisely, forsaking foolishness
To make use of every opportunity in these evil days
To sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs in your house and out of it
To walk with you always
      Word of God, here I am I have come to you, the Bread of Life
      Feed me and fill me, that I may live forever

2.      Bread of life, as I receive you
May I remain in you,
Living as you did,
Loving as you do,
Take my thoughts, words, actions and emotions
Use them for your glory
May all I am and do be for your praise
You who are my Lord and the vine that is my source

Angela Azumah Alu
 

No comments:

Post a Comment